Continuous merger ROC RT 870 represents the symbol of a revolutionary raking system. The main difference compared to traditional rakes is represented by the pick-up system: the ROC RT 870 lifts the crop in order then to transport it on a conveyor belt, whereas traditional rakes drag the crop on the ground up to the windrow.
This difference leads to:
- less stripping of hay and higher quality. Owing to sun drying little alfalfa stalks, which support leaves, become indeed extremely fragile. If you pick-up crop using traditional rotary-rakes and especially in the absence of dew, little stalks are more subject to breaking. This causes the loss of leaves and the consequent loss of important proteins for animal feeding. On the opposite, by using ROC system the crop is lifted and put gently on the belt in order to be transported and deposited centrally without any damage. Moreover, our tests shown that there is a smaller quantity of earth and pebbles inside the windrow, which enables to reach an incomparable product quality;
- lower product losses. In presence of wheel-tracks or holes, during crop dragging traditional rakes tend to leave on the ground a part of product. On the opposite, with our revolutionary continuous merger the crop is lifted on a belt and it is not dragged on the ground as it usually happens with traditional rakes;
- less damages to fresh growth of crop. Under normal conditions, already after 2 or 3 days from harvesting some kinds of crop like alfalfa produce fresh growth made up of small stalks and some leaves. Under these conditions, rotary-rakes tend often to break the small stalks, causing a delay in growth and therefore in harvesting, which means at the end of the season a delay of some weeks in the case of 5 crop cuttings.
The machine offers moreover the following further advantages:
- the chance to increase the working hours amount of the machine, which moreover enables to reduce the number of machines at work. Compared to traditional rakes, thanks to its very soft way of handling the crop the merger series RT allows to extend considerably the working time, up to doubling the daily working hours in the most cases. This system has several advantages. Firstly, it allows to work using not only less mergers but also less tractors, reducing in this way the number of workers involved in operations of such a short length of time. A further advantage is represented by the chance of avoiding night work, more expensive and not welcomed by workers. By concentrating the work during daytime the product is dryer and evener, which is a hardly achievable result if you rake a product wet by dew;
- no damp areas under the swath. With most traditional rakes the crop is not entirely turned in the area where the swath is discharged. The forage lying on the soil become therefore damper and this can causes problems to the good storage of the bales. RT 870 overcomes such problem because the machine is designed to have a pickup width of 7,6 m thanks to three pick up that lift all the crop which is then discharged at the back forming one single swath in the middle of the pickup width. This allows to obtain a very soft and even swath;
- small dimensions. In comparison with traditional rakes of its same width, RT 870 is the only one on the market to be equipped with a suspension system on the rear wheels: once it is folded up (without disassembling anything) it has a width of 2,55 m and a height of 3,0 m and it doesn’t overcome 5,10 m in length. This allows to travel without any limitation and authorization.